I love apple pie however I can get that delicious taste.
Especially one with all the ingredients of an apple pie with walnuts and raisins and diced apples to give it a satisfying crunch. These would be great for breakfast, as a snack for the kids or just any time a cold glass of milk would be welcome . . . or with coffee or hot chocolate. These would be excellent all year round.
I’m not a walnut fan, but I do like almonds. Or you can forget the nuts . . . and the raisins . . .
Fix these however you like . . . That’s the fun of making things yourself.
Apple Pie Cookies
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 cup diced apple pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or a nut of your choice — or not nuts at all
- 1/2 cup raisins — or not
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large bowl stir together the oats, salt and spices.
- In a small bowl whisk the eggs, apple sauce, sugar and oil. Add to the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Fold in the diced apples, nuts and raisins.
- Drop 1/4 cup size portions of batter onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Flatten the cookies a bit.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until set.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet before transferring them to an airtight container.
This recipe makes about a dozen cookies.
Have fun and enjoy!