I love quick and easy recipes, especially if I want a delicious snack.
Too often we want to prepare something for the family, but it is so much like preparing a whole meal. I love having something quick, easy and delicious to take to get-togethers or to have for guests to munch on while talking or playing a board game. . . or telling ghost stories.
This Potato Skins Recipe fits the bill.
Delicious Potato Skins Recipe
- Wash 4 large baking potatoes
- 3 Tablespoons of melted butter
- 2 teaspoons of kosher salt
- 1-1/2 cups of shredded cheese
- 7 slices of cooked and crumbled bacon
- You may want some sliced green onions or maybe a garnish of black olives — anything that would make these potato skins look and taste delicious — use your imagination and have some fun.
- After they’ve cooked and before serving a bit of sour cream might be nice.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cover a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Wash the potatoes, cut the ends off, discard. Cut the rest of the potatoes into 1/2 inch slices.
- Brush both sides and edges of the potatoes with the melted butter and sprinkle with salt.
- Place on the foil covered pan and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn the potatoes over and brown the other side for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- When potatoes are done, top with cheese, bacon bits, green onions, black olives or whatever you decide and continue baking for 3 to 5 minutes or until the cheese is a bit bubbly.
- Take them out of the oven, transfer to a serving dish and have some sour cream handy to top them off.
I think this is the best recipe for potato skins. They even look nice . . . and you can add so much to this recipe.
Thanks for stopping by!