At three in the morning some neighbor decided to shoot off fireworks. It accomplished two things. It woke Diva and me up and it upset Diva. . . well, I’m not thrilled by this early celebrator. This is not going to be good.
I was in a hang-out last night with my internet marketing group. One person was commenting about how unhappy his dogs were. There were fireworks going off in his neighborhood last night. And his dogs are all much older than my precious Diva. They were hiding out to get away from the noise.
One thing I can say about my little girl, she is brave. She has let it be known that she didn’t appreciate having her sleep disturbed by such nonsense. I was surprised other dogs in the neighborhood weren’t protesting. They must have hidden out. Or slept through it. We’ll have to wait and see how the day and night progress.
As long as I’m up, I guess a recipe is in order. I do wonder what would be appropriate for 3 in the morning, but I’m sure I can stir up something.
I am feeling like eggs. Some nice fluffy scrambled eggs. This is a good I was awakened at 3 in the morning by fireworks breakfast. Yes, I think these scrambled eggs would be excellent on toast or an English muffin . . . or even a bagel.
3 A.M. Impromptu Breakfast
Let’s get the ingredients gathered:
This recipe will serve 3 or fewer, depending upon how hungry everyone is. If you need more just double the recipe.
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons of diced butter
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 chives or green onions
- 3 slices of the bread of your choice or English muffins or bagels
Now to put this recipe together:
- Break the eggs into a cold pan, then place on the lowest heat.
- Add half the butter.
- Stir continuously to combine the yolks with the whites.
- When the eggs begin to set, add the remaining butter.
- The eggs will take approximately 4 to 5 minutes to scramble. You’ll want them to be soft and lumpy.
- You can now toast the bread, muffin or bagel.
- Add the sour cream, salt and pepper at the last minute. Then top with chives or the green onion.
- Put the toast on the plate and pile the scrambled egg mixture on top and serve.
This was easy enough, even at 3 in the morning. And it is so very delicious!