Snack recipes are always welcome for Thanksgiving . . . Or between Halloween and Thanksgiving.
Harvest Chex Mix
- 1 box Rice Chex Cereal
- 1 bag Bugles
- 4 cups Pretzels
- 1 cup Candy Corn
- 1 cyo Candy Corn Pumpkins
- 1 bag Reese’s Pieces
- Feel free to add pieces of your favorite left-over Halloween candy
Yes, there is a buttery brown sugar sauce that goes over the mixture before popping it in the oven.
- 3/4 cup melted Butter
- 3/4 cup packed Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 275°F
- Melt the butter in the microwave
- Add the brown sugar and vanilla extract to the melted butter and whisk until combined and dissolved
- In a large bowl, add the Chex, bugles and pretzels
- Pour the sauce over this mixture and toss gently until evenly coated
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper
- Divide the mixture on the two baking sheets, spreading in an even layer on each baking sheet
- Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Put the cooled mixture into a large bowl
- Add the candy
- Toss to combine evenly
- Store any left-overs in an air-tight container
Well, there you go! It’s a great treat that will give you a fun Fall taste.
Thanks for stopping by!