This Hearty Egg Breakfast Recipe could also work for Brunch or even Dinner
Initially I thought this was going to be an easy recipe, just throw everything in one pan and you’re good to go . . . but there’s a lot of chopping and shredding and you’re going to dirty up two bowls for the 4 eggs you separate — one for the whites and the other for the yolks.
I’ll quit complaining and get on with the recipe.
But, before I do, I’d like to say that this recipe is only a suggestion. You can add to it or delete from it. This is merely a suggestion.
Here we go with the ingredients:
- I already mentioned separating 4 eggs — whites in one bowl and yolks in another
- 1/2 cup of cheese — it could be sharp cheddar or it could be a cheese of your choice
- 1/2 cup of chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of meat — this could be interesting — bacon, ham, sausage, pepperoni, steak, roast beef — whatever you want to put into this delicious egg dish
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions or you could go with a regular white onion or a red onion or is it purple . . .
- Now, you can garnish with parsley or with chives or with mushrooms, green bell pepper slices — do what sounds good to you
Now for the directions:
- I’m sure you’ve already separated your 4 eggs and sliced and diced the other ingredients — if not, get to work!
- You’re going to start out by cooking only the egg whites for 2 to 3 minutes on a low to medium heat
- Add the cheese, tomatoes, onions, meat and whatever you decided to chop up
- Continue cooking for another minute or two
- Add in the egg yolks and mix everything together evenly
- Continue cooking for 3 to 4 minutes
- Serve on toast, garnish with parsley or salsa or green bell peppers or avocado or whatever your heart desires — did I hear bacon bits?
I know I added more ingredients at the end, but you get the idea — this is your egg breakfast so make your family proud!