The picture seems to tell it all. I do have my take on the best way to make this Christmas craft project work.
You’re going to need:
- vase of flowers
- a clean round container the vase of flowers would fit in
- candy canes
- two-sided tape
- large rubber band
- red or white ribbon
Let’s put it together:
- I’d put two strips of two-sided tape around the outer container: approximately halfway down the container and also about a half inch from the bottom of the container to make sure my candy canes will be securely placed.
- Attach the candy canes to the container.
- For added security, I’d slide a rubber band from the bottom of the candy canes and up under the crooks of the candy canes as in the picture where you see the ribbon.
- Next I’d tie a ribbon to hide the rubber band.
By having the vase of roses or flowers of your choice in a container placed in another container, watering will be easier and gives some space away from the candy cane decoration.
You can always do variations of this idea by using small glass or plastic containers and the mini candy canes to use as place setting cards or give as hostess gifts.
This is a festive idea that will dress up your dining table or wherever you choose to put it.
Thanks for stopping by!