Image Courtesy of http://www.tasteofhome.com
It may seem unbelievable, but you can make this Root Beer Float Pie without baking, you just need your refrigerator.
The ingredients are simple enough as is the process. Are you ready to begin?
You’re going to need:
9 inch graham cracker crust which you can find in your grocery freezer section or you can make your own:
1 ½ cups of Ground Graham Crackers (grind it up using your food processor — I wonder if the blender would work?)
¼ cup of Sugar
½ cup of Unsalted Butter, set out to soften at room temperature
- In a large bowl mix all 3 ingredients until the dough comes together when pinched between your fingers.
Press into a 9 inch baking pan.
Refrigerate before using.
8 ounces of frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 package instant vanilla pudding mix
3/4 cup cold root beer
1/2 cup milk could be low-fat
Let’s get this mixed up:
1. In a large bowl you’re going to whisk the root beer, milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes.
2. You’ll need 1/2 a cup of whipped topping for garnish, so set that aside and refrigerate.
3. Fold in half of the remaining whipped topping into the root beer, milk and pudding mix mixture.
4. Spread into the graham cracker crust.
5. Spread the remaining 1/2 of the whipped topping over the pie.
6. Refrigerate for a minimum of 8 hours or overnight.
When serving you’ll need the 1/2 cup of whipped topping you set aside to put a spoonful or so on each piece and top with a maraschino cherry.
This recipe makes 8 servings more or less depending upon how large or small you cut the pieces.
No bake recipes are fun and refreshing. Absolutely great for National Root Beer Float Day August 6!
But this is a great recipe you may want to make at another time of the year.