This looks really tasty. It’s cheesy, chicken-y and potato-y. I like the idea that you make this in a slow cooker either on high or low setting to get this meal made without last minute scurrying around. Great for a Friday and over the weekend left-overs. This recipe serves 8 — that should be lots of food to feed your family with extras left-over.
As usual with all the recipes I put up here, feel free to add to or take away certain ingredients. I know there are some ingredients I don’t particularly like and want to add other spices or maybe a salsa to put over the top instead of cheese or right along with it. You know what your family likes.
Cheesy Chicken and Potato Slow Cooker Recipe
- 1 large chopped green pepper
- 1 lb. of red potatoes, thinly sliced — that’s about 3 red potatoes
- 1 tsp. paprike
- 8 boneless skinless halved chicken thighs — that’s about 2 lbs. of meat — you can also go with chicken breasts or chicken legs and thighs
- 1 can of condensed cream of chicken soup
- 4 oz. of 1/2-inch cubes of cheese — Velveeta or cheddar or any cheese of your choice
- 1 Tbsp. of Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Spray your slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place the chopped green pepper on the bottom.
- Top with the sliced potatoes.
- Place four chicken thighs on top of the potatoes, sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover the chicken thighs with the cream of chicken soup.
- Put the remaining chicken thighs on top of the chicken soup. You can add paprika on top if you like.
- Cover with the lid.
- Cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the chicken and potatoes onto a serving platter; cover to keep warm.
- Set the slow cooker on HIGH heat.
- Add the cheese and Worcestershire sauce to the liquid that’s left in the slow cooker; stir.
- Cover with the lid and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir until the cheese is completely melted and sauce is well blended.
- Spoon over chicken and potatoes.
- Top with parsley.
With your added touches, this would be an excellent dinner and lunch with the left-overs. I like recipes that serve for more than one meal.