It seems we can’t get our fill of the delightful summer treat S’Mores.
I’m always on the look out for easy recipes that I can make all year round . . . then pretend I’m out camping while sitting in front of my fireplace.
S’More Bars Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup fine graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup softened unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 extra large Hershey Milk Chocolate Bars
- 1 7 ounce jar of marshmallow creme
I know what you’re thinking . . . what’s with all these ingredients? All you need are graham crackers, chocolate and marshmallows, but marshmallow creme is a good touch. I’m right there with you. What’s with all the sugar? But instead of fighting the recipe, I decided to follow it — can you imagine? Anyway, stay with me . . .
- Preheat your oven to 350° F.
- Butter an 8 by 8-inch baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda and salt for a whole 20 seconds and set aside.
- Get out the good electric stand mixer and put in the paddle attachment.
- You’re going to blend the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar together until creamy.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla extract. It will smell yummy.
- Set the mixer speed to low and slowly add in the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Divide the dough in half.
- Put down a layer of parchment paper and butter the paper lightly, then press one half of the dough into the baking dish you prepared.
- Lift it out. That’s right lift it out and set it aside — this will be the top layer of your s’mores bar.
- Now, since this parchment paper thing was so easy, I buttered my pan again and set a layer of parchment in the pan and lightly buttered it before pressing the other half of the dough into the baking dish.
- You have a mixture of the bottom layer of your s’mores bars and the top layer set aside ready to use after you put in the filling.
- Place the chocolate side by side over the dough layer in the baking pan.
- Next comes the marshmallow creme that you’ll want to spread evenly over the chocolate.
- Now, this may be a bit tricky, but I’m sure you can do it. You’re going to take the saved dough on the parchment, gently flip it over on top of the marshmallow creme. Fit it in place carefully, not to mess up the marshmallow creme. You did it, right? Right? Hey, where’d you go?
- Bake in your preheated oven for 27 to 30 minutes until it’s a light golden brown.
- Pull up the parchment paper to get it out of the pan and let it cool completely on a wire rack before cutting into squares.
- I like to keep it on the paper and transfer to a cutting board, cut into squares and gently lift onto a plate for serving.
They’re delicious, right? This dough does add something special to the old fashioned way of making s’mores. You don’t lose your marshmallows either. It’s all smooth and oozes the delicious chocolate and marshmallow blend.
Now aren’t you glad you tried the recipe? Your family will thank you, too, with the happy smiles on their faces when they’re savoring every delicious flavor.
Thanks for stopping by!