Oatmeal Almond Cranberry Protein Bites
Healthy Breakfast Or Quick Snack Full of Protein
Here’s a healthy “on the go” snack that you can make in a jiffy.
- 1 cup of oatmeal
- 1/3 cup of chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup either peanut butter or almond butter
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1/3 cup of dried cranberries roughly chopped
Here’s what you need to do now that you’ve gathered your ingredients:
- On a baking sheet you’re going to bake the oatmeal, almonds and coconut for 8 to 10 minutes at 350° F. Be sure to stir the mixture after 5 minutes. Then allow the mixture to cool after taking it out of the oven.
- Get out a medium sized bowl — put in the nut butter and microwave for 20 to 30 seconds until runny.
- Add the baked mix into the bowl along with the honey, chia seeds and cranberries.
- Form into 1-1/2 inch balls and refrigerate.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Refrigerated bites are good for about a week. They’ll keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
I hope you’ll try this recipe. As always you can add other ingredients or substitute ingredients or just leave them out . . . Just have fun and make some healthy snacks for your busy family.
Until next time,