Coffee Cake has always been a favorite of mine!
My friends think I bought this coffee cake from the fancy coffee house . . . I told them I made it, but if they don’t want to believe me . . .
Let’s see if you have the same problem . . . It’s absolutely too good to be homemade . . . I thought homemade was always better . . . it’s less expensive and makes my family and me very happy!
Let’s get this recipe together so you can have it this weekend for your family.
Best Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1 Box Yellow Cake Mix plus the ingredients on the back of the box — now that seems easy enough
- 2 sticks of cold salted or unsalted butter
- 2-1/4 cups of flour
- 1-3/4 cups of brown sugar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons of cinnamon
- 1-1/2 tablespoons of vanilla
- Powered sugar for dusting your coffee cake
- Preheat your oven to 350° F
- Make the cake in a large bowl following the directions on the box
- Spray a 9″ x 13″ pan with non-stick spray
- Pour the batter into the pan
- Bake at 350° F for 15 to 20 minutes or until the center has barely set
- While the cake is baking, prepare the crumb topping.
- In a large electric mixer bowl combine the butter, flour, cinnamon, brown sugar and vanilla until it is crumbly
- Get the cake out of the oven and break the crumb topping into marble size pieces with you fingers and sprinkle over the top
- Put it back into the oven and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes — the topping will begin to look like part of the cake
- Let cool fully before dusting with powdered sugar. Dusting works best using a sieve
- Cut into squares and serve
It’s easy and the absolute best coffee cake I’ve had in a very long time.