It’s definitely time to be thinking about the variety of cookies you want to make for family, friends and neighbors.
Christmas is just a few days away . . . oh my! Time to get to work!!!
It is raining today . . . a good day to stay indoors and bake cookies. So, let’s get started with these beautiful Star Mint Meringues.
Star Mint Meringue Cookies Recipe
Ingredients for 24 cookies:
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- Red paste food coloring
- Preheat oven to 200° F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat egg whites, cream of tartar, peppermint extract and salt with an electric mixer on medium speed until stiff peaks form and the tips curl.
- Gradually add sugar — just a tablespoon at a time. Beat on high speed until you have stiff peaks and the tips stand straight.
- With a new small paintbrush, brush stripes of red food coloring on the inside of a decorating bag fitted with a 1/2 inch open star tip.
- Carefully spoon the egg white mixture into the decorating bag.
- Pipe 2 inch stars 1 inch apart onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 1 and 1/3 hours or until the meringue appears dry and the cookies are firm when lightly touched.
- Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool thoroughly.
Now that wasn’t so bad. I hope you like this recipe and give it a try.