With the warm weather coming our way, here’s a delicious pick-me-up to cool down the kids as well as yourself.
Mexican Frozen Hot Chocolate
You’re going to need:
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk — I personally don’t like this, so I go for regular milk of my choice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 chocolate bar for garnish grated on the top
- 3 cups ice cubes
- whipped cream topping
Now, to put it all together:
- You’re going to put the milk, chocolate syrup, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon and ice cubes in your blender.
- Make it as smooth as possible.
- Get out a glass and squirt in some chocolate syrup, swirl it about to make a nice squiggly design inside the glass.
- Pour in your blended frozen concoction.
- Add your whipped topping if you so desire.
- Grate your candy bar on the top, if you desire.
- There you have it!
- Oops! I forgot to add a straw!
Now, if you have several of these to make you can either make them one at a time, or double or triple the recipe. It all depends upon how much your blender can handle. I’ve doubled it, but I do like to make it fresh for each serving.