Here’s what you need:
- Canned pizza dough (in refrigerator section)
- Pizza sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Toppings of Choice
- Dried Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- Roll out pizza dough to form a rectangle.
- Spread pizza sauce over top.
- Top with cheese, toppings of your choice, and add the seasoning.
- Roll pizza up to form a log and tuck edges in.
- Wrap in thick foil.
- Place in freezer until ready for your camping trip.
- Place in cooler or set out until almost thawed.
- Place pizza log, still in its foil on hot grill or fire pit.
- Cook for about 15 minutes flipping over and cook an additional 10-15 minutes.
- There you have it!! Fresh and delicious over your very own campfire out in the wild or in your own backyard.
I hope you try this recipe on your camping trip . . . on your BBQ or fire pit right in your own backyard. I do like recipes you can make ahead.