Taste of Summer — Zucchini Recipe
With August steadily rolling by, I look at my vegetable garden, which is still going strong and thinking about recipes for my zucchini. It’s always nice to have a new way to serve this vegetable that is both appealing to the eye and taste buds.
I consider many things when placing a recipe here. I want something easy to make and I want it to taste good. It may combine other flavors which is a bonus that kids will enjoy, too. I do want family pleasing recipes.
Image and Recipe from http://www.health.com
For this delicious snack or side dish, you’ll need:
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 cup shredded Paramesan Cheese
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Vegetable cooking spray
Here’s what you need to do:
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Cut zucchini into 3-inch sticks.
- Get out a small bowl and whisk egg whites, then add milk.
- In another bowl Combine Parmesan Cheese and breadcrumbs in a separate bowl.
- Dip zucchini sticks into egg mixture, and then roll in breadcrumb mixture.
- Get out a baking sheet and coat with cooking spray.
- Place zucchini on baking sheet.
- Bake for 25–30 minutes or until golden brown.
This should make about 64 fries. You can dip them in Ranch Dressing or a sauce of your choice or eat them plain. This is a real crowd pleaser to give your guests at your Labor Day Bar-B-Que.