Summer comes in all flavors, but the combination of raspberries and coconut is absolutely outstanding!
Here’s a recipe for a Raspberry Coconut Bread that you will definitely love. It would be a great breakfast treat, a sweet afternoon snack and a surprise for dinner dessert. Bring the taste of summer into your home.
Raspberry Coconut Bread Recipe
Ingredients For The Bread:
- 1-1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup milk of your choice — you may want to go for a flavored milk
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup fresh washed and cleaned raspberries
Ingredients For The Coconut Glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
Directions For The Bread:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray an 8-1/2 by 4-1/2 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar.
- In a medium sized bowl combine the milk, coconut oil, eggs, vanilla extract and coconut extract..
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring until combined.
- Gently stir in the coconut and raspberries.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan.
- Bake for an hour or so or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the loaf to cool in the pan for about 15 minutes or so before removing from the pan.
- Allow the loaf to cool completely on a wire rack.
Directions For The Coconut Glaze:
- In a small bowl combine powdered sugar, milk and coconut extract. Whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle the glaze over the bread.
- Cut the bread into slices and serve.
I love to change recipes . . . you can have flavored milk of the almond or coconut variety for this recipe. You can add some other berries or substitute them in this recipe. I do like the idea of a loaf rather than a round cake, but if that fits with the look you’re going for, use whatever baking pan you prefer.
I’m sure this recipe will be good all year round with frozen fruit.
Thanks for stopping by!