I Always Find It Amazing How A Simple Recipe Can Be Made Into Something Special
Oh yes, these are easy enough to make . . . and you can use your own recipe for deviled eggs or the one I have for you here. I do wonder how different this recipe is from your own family recipe. That would be an interesting project.
Well, let’s get on with the recipe!
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Sweet Pickle Relish
- 2 teaspoons Mustard
- Salt and Pepper for taste
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Sweet Pickle
- Boil and Peel the eggs.
- Slice a small piece off the bottom of the egg to flatten it so it will stand.
- Cut a zig zag pattern around the middle of the egg so it resembles an egg that has cracked open.
- Remove the yokes and put in a bowl.
- Cut the carrot into 6 small triangles to use for the beak.
- Cut off strips of the pickle and make into squares for the eyes.
- Mash the yolks with a fork and stir in the mayonnaise, pickle relish and mustard.
- Add the salt and pepper for taste.
- Mix until the consistency is smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the mixture into a zip lock bag, snip off a corner — this is your piping bag.
- Squeeze in the mixture into the cooked egg whites. Fill it up to overflowing.
- Place the beaks and eyes in place.
- Top them off with the top half of the egg white.
- There you have a cute little chick trying to pop out.
This is a fun recipe. Be sure to add or delete ingredients. Replace with your own recipe. This is just the starting point for making these adorable chicks. Make this recipe your own.