The Ultimate Crunchy Burger is a real treat for the whole family. It’s truly a challenge to wrap your mouth around this burger. This is almost a “clean out the refrigerator” burger. I add all kinds of chopped or sliced left-overs from salads. It’s truly fun to put in all kinds of crunchy delights to give the taste buds a bit of a twang.
The Ultimate Crunchy Burger Recipe
This should make 4 servings
- Cole Slaw you can buy ready made or make it yourself
- sliced bell peppers in your favorite color
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef chuck (20% fat)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 8 slices of your favorite cheese
- 4 soft sesame seed buns, split, toasted
- sliced red onions
- sliced pickled jalapenos
- thin potato chips
- 6″ wooden skewers
Assembly of your Ultimate Cheese Burger
- Make the meat into four 4″ diameter, 3/4″ thick patties. Press your thumb in the center of each patty to help keep them flat as they cook. Season with salt and pepper or you could add whatever seasoning you like on your burgers
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Put in the oil and heat until smoking.
- Cook the burgers until a deep brown crust has formed outside them — this could take a couple of minutes per side.
- Cover and cook to medium-rare for about a minute.
- Uncover and add 2 slices of cheese on each burger.
- Cover the skilled and allow to cook until the cheese has melted.
- Lightly toast your buns and put ketchup and/or mustard on it.
- Place the burger first then top with potato chips, jalapenos, onion bell peppers and coleslaw — you can put the bell peppers at the bottom — just build your burger however you like — maybe add some bacon if desired and whatever else you may find interesting — maybe corn chips instead of potato chips or maybe both — it’s your burger.
- Place a skewer through each hamburger to hold it all together.
- Sit back and watch your family and guests try to wrap their mouths around this gigantic burger . . . and then watch them smile and close their eyes to show you that they are absolutely in heaven and their taste buds are savoring each and every ingredient.