I went out the other day for a hamburger at my favorite fast food place. I was disappointed and thus unsatisfied. Not only was the meal more expensive than the last time I went plus the gas to get there . . . I would have been much better off making something at home. But for some reason I craved fast food and bought into the convenience angle. I’m thinking more about the quality, now, or lack thereof.
I was on “live chat” with my internet marketing group and one disappointed member was ranting about a different fast food place that didn’t get the order right, plus what she received wasn’t all that great. Sometimes it isn’t worthwhile to drive back and get what you want and return what you don’t.
I’m not going to rant about fast food. I’m just saying the quality may not be what you remember from a previous visit. And I’m talking about just two particular places that I’m not going to name. You and your friends and family may have had similar experiences or your favorite fast food establishment is all right. It may all be a matter of perspective. Or the fast food place was having an off day. I remember going to one awhile back that everyone was saying had excellent food. I didn’t agree. I felt it was a wasted trip . . . but I did learn not to go back. It’s not about what others like, it’s about what you like. And right now, I’m liking what I make at home much better.
This should probably be a great opening for a recipe. I’m thinking about it. Something cool and delicious for summer.
Lettuce Wrap Chicken Club Sandwich
The really cool thing about this sandwich is that you can wrap it up in a lettuce of your choice and put in the ingredients you want . . . wrap it up and eat it or use a fork and eat it as a salad. You can use a salad dressing of your choice as well. It’s something different and quite refreshing.
- Cook and dice a chicken breast
- 1 diced tomato or you can use cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 of a diced up avocado
- 2 cooked slices of bacon, diced
- 2 iceberg or romaine lettuce leaves
- salad dressing of your choice
- ground pepper to taste
Add any other ingredients you want or remove ingredients and replace with other ones.
- Cook your chicken and bacon before beginning.
- Dice up all the ingredients.
- Set out your lettuce leaves and fill them up.
- Top with your favorite salad dressing.
- Fold your lettuce around your ingredients and you’re going to have a refreshing taste sensation in your mouth.
- I did forget to tell you to have it on a plate and have a few napkins handy.
You could use a cheese of your choice or maybe some vegetables. I like having some grated carrots on top, but you can decide what would be best for the look and taste of your “sandwich.”
Thanks for stopping by!