Cinnamon and Sugar Pita Chips . . . are you kidding me?!!! What’s wrong with Cinnamon Toast?
I grew up on Cinnamon Toast. It’s a simple recipe:
- Toast your bread
- While hot spread on butter
- Sprinkle a bit of sugar over the melted butter
- Gently shake on some ground cinnamon over the sugar that’s melting into the butter
- Eat immediately!
There you have it — the old fashioned cinnamon toast without the frills! You can cut the crust off and cut into triangles, but we liked our cinnamon toast intact so we could savor every single bite. It was great for a snack and also while eating hot oatmeal. My dad would do this occasionally and, of course, my brother and I had to do the same. Absolutely delicious!
All right, now with the Cinnamon and Sugar Pita Chips Recipe
This recipe makes approximately 32 Pita Chips
- 4 pita rounds
- 4 tablespoons of melted butter or coconut oil
- 4 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Cut each pita into eight equal wedges
- In a small bowl, stir together the granulated sugar and ground cinnamon
- Brush both sides of each pita wedge with melted butter or the coconut oil.
- Sprinkle cinnamon/sugar mixture evenly over both sides of the wedges and place on baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until the wedges have become a bit crispy.
- Cool and enjoy.
Hope you enjoy both of these recipes.