Egg Salad Sandwich Recipe
Spring must be the season for egg salad sandwiches — at least at my house.
I’m sure they’re popular throughout the year.
There is something about these sandwiches that definitely hit the spot on a beautiful spring day.
This recipe may be the reason why I’m thrilled about egg salad sandwiches. Try it and see for yourself.
- 6 hard boiled eggs diced up in nice bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- You may want to add salt to taste
- To boil the eggs: Place them in a single layer in a heavy sauce pan and cover with cold water — about an inch. Add a teaspoon of salt. Leave the pot uncovered and turn the heat to high. As soon as the water comes to a boil, turn off the heat and cover. Leave it like this for about 10 minutes before removing the cover. Next take the sauce pan with the eggs over to the sink and run cold water over the eggs for a minute.
- Next you’ll need to crack and peel the eggs, dice them and follow the list of ingredients.
- Combine all the ingredients and chill before making into sandwiches.
Some people add lettuce or spinach to their sandwich.
However, you make them, enjoy.