I like having a few witches flying around on their broomsticks as my holiday décor. Especially one as cute as this one.
With the instructions and the free templates they’re easy to assemble set up however and wherever you choose. It’s a fun paper project the kids may enjoy.
The image and free templates are compliments of
Here are the Assembly Instructions
And the Witch Templates
I’m not much into pumpkin carving — especially cleaning out the gunk inside. Then after all the work, it doesn’t last as long as I’d prefer. I do applaud all you brave and ambitious pumpkin carvers. It’s just not for me, that’s why I’m sticking with paper crafts. These will last unless they get smashed underfoot or someone sits on them, but I can always make them again. These paper jack-o-lanterns are carved in a traditional manner which appeals to me. I’d put a candle light inside — battery operated which are safe for paper crafts. I’d also print out the free templates on heavy card stock.
The image and free templates are courtesy of http://www.http://global.yamaha-motor.com/
Here’s what you’ve been waiting for . . . the free templates:
Have a Happy and Safe Halloween!
Everyone’s scurrying around trying to duplicate the butterbeer they enjoyed at Harry Potter theme park at Universal.
There are plenty of recipes. Some argue the original in the J. K. Rowling books was a warm drink others are equally adamant it must be served cold like a slushy.
I’m of an entirely different mindset. You can either make butterbeer the easy way or the hard way. Yes, you may know which way I’m thinking. Easy all the way. If you want something cold and satisfying I have a delicious recipe for you. If you want to put more effort into it, then I have the recipe for that, too.
For the purist, I’ll give you what you want Harry Potter Hot Butterbeer Recipe
Harry Potter Hot Butterbeer Recipe
1 cup light or dark brown sugar
2 tablespoons water
6 tablespoons softened butter
1/2 teaspoon salt, you can skip this if your butter has salt
1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
3/4 cup heavy cream, divide into 1/4 cup and 1/2 cup
1/2 teaspoon rum extract
4 12 ounce bottles cream soda
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the brown sugar and water. Bring to a gentle boil and cook, stirring often, until the mixture reads 240 degrees F on a candy thermometer.
- Stir in the butter, salt, vinegar and 1/4 cup of the heavy cream. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Once the mixture has cooled, stir in the rum extract.
- In a medium bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of the brown sugar mixture and the remaining 1/2 cup of heavy cream. Use an electric mixer to beat until it thickens, but not completely whipped, this should take about 2 to 3 minutes.
- To serve, divide the brown sugar mixture between 4 tall glasses (about 1/4 cup for each glass). Add 1/4 cup of cream soda to each glass, then stir to combine. Fill each glass almost to the top with additional cream soda, then spoon the whipped topping over each glass.
Just reading the recipe no doubt created a bead of sweat over your brow. Don’t give it another thought. I present to you:
Harry Potter Cold and Easy Butterbeer Recipe
Ingredients make 4 16 oz. servings:
1 quart butter brickle ice cream. If you can’t find it vanilla ice cream will do nicely.
1/4 cup butterscotch syrup
32 oz of your favorite cream soda
1. Put 4 (16-ounce) glasses in your freezer to chill for at least 20 minutes
2. Mix ice cream and cream soda in your blender until combined
3. Divide between the frosted glasses
4. Top each glass with whipped cream, I use the whipped cream from the pressurized can. But this is a optional item.
5. Serve with spoons and straws
Didn’t I tell you this was cold and easy!
Now that you have a choice of recipes for butterbeer, enjoy and delight your family and friends! You may also like to get Butterbeer Mugs:
16 ounce size
- Direct from universal studios Florida
- heavy plastic
- measures 4 1/2″ high X 4″ wide plus handle
- bottom stamped..universal harry potter butterbeer
Some have complained it’s too small and too light weight, but if you want a mug with Butterbeer printed across the front, this is what is available. I can understand Universal Studios Florida not wanting to have glass mugs for this specialty drink and souvenir. I think they’re great and why I’m sharing it with you.
Thanks for stopping by!
Official ~ Harry Potter Remote Control Wand gives you the power of a Wizard to control your TV and other IR controlled devices. This is an absolute “must have” for Harry Potter fans. It comes in a collectors box which makes it an excellent gift and it performs magical feats on your remote control electronics. There are comprehensive instructions included.
This Official ~ Harry Potter Remote Control Wand is definitely a gift item for everyone on my list. You see, I can’t just give one, my whole family will want one, plus a few friends. This will definitely knock their socks off!
You may also like:
Thanks for stopping by!
Once in awhile an irresistible ghostly craft comes along that I must try before putting it here to share with you. I didn’t make just one, I have a full dozen of them lined up on my mantle.
This adorable ghost sets on a pedestal so you know it’s a real ghost going trick-or-treating, not a child dressed up as a ghost. He is well equipped with a lantern and a pumpkin to hold all the goodies he’ll be collecting in the neighborhood.
I know all my will friends will want one of these to decorate their own houses. In the meantime I can enjoy them.
Image and Free Templates Compliments of http://www.paper-replika.com
Click Here for your Free Templates
Enjoy! I did print these out on thick card stock.