One can absolutely go crazy with Easter treats. This is a deliciously, simple fudge recipe that you can use for just about any season, but give it try for Easter and see what you think. It has a cotton candy look to it, but you can always add nuts if you like or even sunflower seeds if you want a little crunch to your fudge.
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup butter
12 ounces white chocolate or vanilla chips
7 ounce jar marshmallow creme
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
10 ounce packet Duncan Hines Cotton Candy Frosting Creations flavor mix
Pink food coloring
Line a 13×9 inch pan with foil and spray with nonstick spray.
Combine sugar, butter, heavy cream and butter in a saucepan, cooking and stirring over low heat until the sugar is dissolved. Once the sugar is dissolved, bring the contents to a boil while stirring for about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and mix in the marshmallow creme and vanilla chips until all of the chips are melted.
Pour 3/4 of the mixture into the foil-lined pan.
Add the cotton candy flavor mix to the saucepan and stir until well mixed. Drizzle spoonfuls of the cotton candy mixture over the mixture already in the pan. Add 2-3 drops of the pink food coloring in various areas on top of the fudge in the pan, and then cut through the fudge with a butter knife to make the swirls.
Cover and allow to set in the refrigerator.
Remove the fudge from the pan by picking up the foil and then cutting into squares.
It’s ready to serve!
I have to hand it to Kellogg’s Rice Krispies to come up with a uniquely new idea for their tasty treats. As you can see from the picture, you use the pastel M & M’s, but did you figure out using those plastic eggs as the mold? That completely blew me away. I may want to get the larger plastic eggs to do these up right, but the small ones are good, too. It all depends upon what you can find . . . and what other candy goodies you may want to hide inside.
Here’s the recipe compliments of http://ricekrispies.com
- 12 Plastic snap-apart 3 x 2-in Easter eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 4 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1/2 cup M&M’S® Brand Chocolate Candies
- Canned frosting or decorating gel (optional)
1. Clean, then coat inside of plastic eggs with cooking spray. Set aside.2. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add JET-PUFFED Marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
3. Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
4. Using greased hands, firmly press 1/4 cup of the cereal mixture into each plastic egg half. Use fingers to make hollow center in each half. Remove from molds. Place on wax paper. Cool slightly.
5. Place about 6 M&M’S® Brand Chocolate Candies in one half of each egg. Gently press two halves of each egg together until they stick. Cool completely.
6. Decorate with frosting and additional M&M’S® Brand Chocolate Candies (if desired). Best if served the same day.
MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: Follow step 1 above. In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 3 through 6 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.
Easter Wouldn’t Be Complete Without This Special Easter Basket You Can Make
Adorable Thumper is here along with a special Easter Basket you can make with this free printable from http://family.disney.com
When most children were falling in love with Bambi, I fell head over heels in love with Thumper. He made me laugh and he gave me some wisdom I’ve never forgotten, “If you can’t say something nice, don’t say nothing at all.”
Be sure to click the image for the free printable you can print out on card stock and assemble.
I always like to add something else to make your visit worthwhile. Here you go:
Thumper’s Easter PopUp Card!!! Click the image and print it out on card stock to send to someone special this Easter.
Have a Happy Easter!
Bambi and Friends Easter Egg Wrappers from http://family.disney.com
Here’s an outstanding way of dressing up your Easter Eggs. Just click the image and you’ll be directed to the free template you can print out on paper or card stock.
You may find these tags to be helpful:
Mickey and Friends Easter Basket Tags compliments of http://family.disney.com
With all the Easter excitement, you don’t want anyone losing their Easter Basket of goodies, so Mickey and Friends are on hand to tag all the baskets.
Here are some great stickers you may enjoy . . . or use them as cupcake toppers or for whatever and wherever these would be useful.
Mickey and Friends Sports Stickers
Enjoy your free printables — just click the images.
A No Bake Chocolate Cookie that’s excellent for spring and just in time for Easter. You make these little bird nests with a minimum of ingredients that can be decorated with chocolate mini eggs and maybe even a Peep chick. The kids may want to help you out.
- 1 (12 oz) bag milk chocolate chips
- 1 (12 oz) bag butterscotch chips, more chocolate chips, or peanut butter chips
- 1 (12 oz) bag chow mien noodles
- Cadbury mini chocolate eggs, but you can use M&Ms or Jelly Beans or whatever you like.
- Peeps if nest is large enough.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and butterscotch and/or peanut butter chips together in microwave, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Stir in chow mien noodles.
- Spray muffin tins lightly with cooking spray. If you are making the larger nests to fit a peep inside, mold into large greased muffin tins.
- Drop by spoonfuls into a greased muffin tin and mold into nest shapes.
- Let set. You may want to place in the refrigerator to help them set up quicker.
- Place eggs and/or peeps on top.
Now that was easy!!! Enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by!