Here’s an adult beverage you may enjoy to celebrate National Root Beer Float Day.
Rachael Ray put together this concoction of a White Russian and root beer with a scoop of coffee ice cream, a spritz of whipped cream with a cherry on top. That will definitely make your taste buds twang!
- Get out a tall glass. First comes 2 shots of vodka, then 2 shots of Kahlua and 1 shot of heavy cream. Stir with a tall spoon.
- Fill the glass up with root beer.
- Flatten the bottom of a scoop of coffee ice cream and place it on the glass to look fancy.
- Top the coffee ice cream with a spritz of whipped cream.
- Put a maraschino cherry on top of the whipped cream.
Image Courtesy of http://www.rachaelray.com
Now, not to be a spoil sport I may forget the vodka, Kahlua and cream and try out the coffee ice cream topped off with root beer. I may even pour a little Kahlua on the coffee ice cream. Goodness, you could come up with all kinds of variations.