You’re going to make these Sugar and Cinnamon Almonds in a slow cooker. They take about 3 to 4 hours to cook with stirring every 20 to 30 minutes or so. They are going to smell yummy and so will your whole house. Don’t be surprised to have neighbors wandering over to see what you’re doing.
Are you ready to get started?
- 1 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup of Brown Sugar
- 3 tablespoons of Ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon of Salt
- 1 Egg White
- 2 teaspoons of Vanilla
- 3 cups Almonds
- 1/8 cup of water
- Get out a large bowl and mix the sugars, cinnamon and salt together.
- Get out another bowl and a whisk. You’re going to mix together the egg white and the vanilla until frothy.
- Add the almonds and coat them thoroughly with the frothy mixture.
- Get out the slow cooker and spray it with cooking spray. This mixture is going to sticky.
- Add the cinnamon, sugar and salt mixture to the almonds.
- Put it all in the slow cooker and turn it to low.
- Stir until the cinnamon sugar mixture is coating the almonds well.
- Depending upon your slower cooker, it should cook for about 3 to 4 hours. You’ll want to stir every 20 minutes or so.
- After the almonds have cooked for about 2 hours, add 1/8 cup of water into the slow cooker and stir well. This helps the mixture harden and become crunchy.
- When your almonds are done, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the coated almonds out to cool. The almonds are going to be sticky so carefully separate them. You don’t want almond clumps, but coated individual almonds.
These are absolutely delicious and make wonderful gifts.