Have you tried the Harry Potter Butter Beer?
If so, and even if you haven’t, you’ll love these cupcakes!!
Let’s Get Started With This Recipe!!!
It may seem a bit complicated . . . but it’s fit for the Great Harry Potter!!!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon imitation butter extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup cream soda
- 1 cup Heath Toffee Bits — not the ones with chocolate
- 3/4 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/3 cup butterscotch dry instant pudding mix
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 3 teaspoons imitation butter extract
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Line cupcake pan with liners.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a medium sized bowl and stir with a whisk until well mixed and smooth.
- Get out the stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment and a large bowl, beat together the eggs, oil, extracts and buttermilk.
- Beat in the dry ingredients and the cream soda, alternating between the two until the batter is smooth.
- Mix in the toffee bits.
- Add 1/4 cup batter to each cupcake liner and bake for 18 to 22 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a cooling rack.
- Bake remaining cupcakes.
- Meanwhile . . . make the sauce by placing the butterscotch chips in a small metal bowl and heating the heavy cream in a small sauce pan over medium heat.
- Bring the cream to a simmer, then pour it over the butterscotch chips. Let set for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Then, whisk the cream and chips together until a rich sauce forms.
- Put it in the refrigerator to cool and thicken for about 30 minutes.
- Time to prepare the frosting by combining all the ingredients in a large stand mixer bowl fitted with a whisk attachment and beat on medium high speed for about 3 to 4 minutes until light and fluffy frosting forms.
- Place the frosting to a pastry bag
- Remove sauce from the fridge and dip the tops of the cupcakes into it. Allow to set for about 15 minutes.
- Pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes and finish with sprinkles.
There you have your Butter Beer Cupcakes.
Thanks for stopping by!