Apple and Peanut Butter Dog Treats Recipe
Diva’s helping me out with this post.
Mom doesn’t like giving me people food . . . but I do find what she’s eating interesting. Not that I get very much extra food. I work really hard being cute and adorable to melt Mom’s heart . . . and you wouldn’t believe what she made for me . . .
Apple and Peanut Butter Cookies!!! Oh yes!!!!
Put me down Mom, I have to do my happy dance!!
This is a simple recipe you can make in whatever shape your furry friend would enjoy. Diva’s more into the taste than the appearance, so I make these into small squares.
All you have to do is mix them up, roll them out, cut them up and bake them.
- 4 cups oat flour, plus more as needed
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 whole eggs
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Combine the oat flour, peanut butter, applesauce and eggs in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- If the dough is sticky, add a bit more oat flour. You want to be able to handle the dough without it sticking to your hands.
- Transfer the dough to a flat surface and roll it out — about 1/4 of an inch thickness.
- Use a cookie cutter of your choice to cut out the treats.
- Transfer onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes. The cookies should be dry and begin darkening at the edges.
- Cool completely on a wire rack and store in an airtight container or ziplock bag in the refrigerator.
There you go. They smell heavenly . . .
Be sure to check with your vet about any allergies your pet may have.
Until next time,
Sharon and Diva