These Popcorn Ball Pumpkins are flavored with orange jello and decorated with mini Tootsie Roll stems and green leaves you flatten and shape from green fondant.
They are excellent for parties — young and old alike enjoy popcorn balls. The kids may enjoy helping you make these little pumpkins.
Let’s get this party going!
Popcorn Ball Pumpkins Recipe
- 12 cups of popped popcorn
- 1 3ounce box of orange flavored Jello
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1/4 cup of corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- mini Tootsie Roll candies for the stem
- green fondant for the leaves
- Pop your popcorn.
- Melt the butter in the microwave.
- Stir in the jello and corn syrup.
- Microwave again allowing it to reach a full boil.
- Mix in the baking soda and stir for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Mix in the popcorn. I use a little bit at a time to get it covered evenly.
- Microwave the whole thing for about 30 seconds if you want it gooey and a bit longer if you prefer crispy.
- You can either butter your hands or use plastic bags with non-stick spray on them to use as “gloves” for the kids. You’ll be making this orange popcorn into balls.
- Add the mini Tootsie Roll stem and press in while the popcorn call is still warm and pliable.
- Add the fondant leaf.
There you have it, a delightful treat for the eyes and the taste buds.
Here are some handy links:
It’s a fun, but messy project. Please leave me a comment.
Thanks for stopping by!