This is for those of you who feel there is something going on in your home or within you — attracting negative forces into your life.
This can take two or three days to complete.
On Day One:
- Open all curtains, blinds, windows and doors. Allow the fresh air and sunshine into your home.
- Open all closets, cabinets, drawers and other dark spaces open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces and all the nooks and crannies.
- After about two to three hours you are going to figuratively sweep out each room — you can physically do the sweeping, but it is usually symbolic. You’ll focus your thoughts on pushing out all the negative energies, entities and thoughts.
- After completing each room, close it up. You don’t want to leave it open so the negativity of another room can get into your clean one.
- Don’t forget garages, basements, attics, sheds, etc.
- I usually burn sage during my cleansing, but some have found sandalwood or dragons-blood incense works for them.
- You may also want to play your favorite spiritual music or sing a favorite hymn before doing the sweeping or pushing process.
Day Two and Three:
- Once again open all the curtains, blinds, windows and doors.
- Take a white candle to the center most point of your home. Sit on the floor and place the candle in front of you.
- Light the candle and focus upon the flame. Visualize the flame to be filled with positive thoughts or positive energy. You may want to say a prayer … asking for cleansing positive energy to fill the candle’s flame.
- Hold this image in your mind and visualize the flame slowly expanding outward. Visualize it filling the room where you are sitting, every corner, nook and cranny.
- Continue to visualize the flame expanding — the outter edges pushing away/burning away any and all negative energies or entities out and away from each room in your home.
- Once you have visualized this flame filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines — all the way around your property — the front and back of your home as well as both sides.
- Hold this image in your mind for a few moments. Then visualize anchoring this flame where you are sitting — the centermost area of your home.
- Once you have done this, take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle.
You may now want to create a shield for yourself using this same technique. Instead of focusing on your home, visualize the flame surrounding you.
It is best to do this after a shower using a rosemary scented soap — rosemary is good for purification and protection.
I sometimes get a bit creeped out about visualizing a flame, so I have sage smoke getting into all the nooks and crannies … and also for creating a shield surrounding me. It is the same sage smoke.
And I do have the smoke go around me — I use a feather to bring the smoke from the bowl out into the air surrounding me. It is helpful to have a friend help you out with this process.
I know it all does seem a bit strange … but try it and see if you feel differently about your home environment and how protected you feel as you venture out into the world.
Thanks for stopping by.