Have You Made Jello Worms?
If you can make jello, then you can make these squiggly worms to delight and disgust your family and friends.
All right! Here’s the recipe:
- 2 – 3 ounce packs of a red jello of your choice
- 1 package of unflavored gelatin for extra firmness
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 3 cups of boiling water
- green food coloring, about 15 drops
- 100 flexible straws or enough to fill your container — or you can bundle them together with rubber bands
- tall container about 1 quart in size
- Empty the packets of gelatin into a bowl and add the boiling water.
- Allow to cool to lukewarm before adding the whipping cream and drops of green food coloring.
- Bundle up your straws and put them in the tall 1 quart container.
- Fill up your straws allowing the mixture to flow into the container.
- Allow your jello to set until firm in the refrigerator.
- When the jello has set, hold the straws under warm water. The worms should slip right out of the straws. Pinch one end to get it moving. Be sure to catch them in a bowl.
This is an interesting recipe that takes some time to set and some effort in getting them out of the straws. In the end it is all worth it.
Thanks for stopping by!
Please leave me a comment,