These would be wonderful for Mother’s Day!!
These moist little pancakes with some jam . . . and sour cream . . . would be a real hit with your family.
- 32 ounces of whole milk Ricotta Cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 to 3/4 cups of Granulated Sugar
- 1-1/2 cups of All-Purpose Flour plus more for shaping the ricotta pancakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract — this is optional
- Oil for frying up your pancakes
Let’s put these babies together:
- Combine the Ricotta Cheese with the Egg and mix it well. If you’re adding the Vanilla, add it with the egg.
- Add the Sugar and mix well.
- Add Flour and the baking powder.
- Mix it up so everything is blended into a smooth mass.
- You can use a spoon or a large ice cream scoop, scoop up the mixture and drop it into some flour. Coat it with the flour making the mixture into a ball, then gently shape it into a flat patty about 1/2 inch thick. Continue with the rest of the mixture.
- To fry the pancakes, add about a tablespoon of oil into a large skillet and heat over low-medium heat.
- Add the ricotta pancakes, cover with a lid and fry for about 2 to 3 minutes or until well browned. Turn over and do the same with the other side.
- You’re going to want to serve these warm with a side of sour cream and a jam of your choice.
This recipe makes about 25 pancakes — depending upon the size you make them.
I do hope you give this recipe a try.
Thanks for stopping by!