You can never go wrong with chicken. The whole family seems to love it . . . and they’ll love this recipe as is or after you change some ingredients to your liking. Oh, the great news is that you cook it in your slow cooker!!
- 2 pounds of chicken breast
- 1/2 cup Zesty Italian Dressing
- 3/4 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 ounce package of Dry Ranch Dressing mix
- 1/2 cup water
For Toppings You May Like:
- chopped tomatoes
- chopped olives
- fresh lettuce
- fresh spinach
- a creamy dressing of your choice
- Spray the inside of the slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Add all ingredients except the chicken into the slow cooker.
- Mix up the ingredients until it is combined.
- Add the chicken and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours. You want to cook it long enough so the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker once it’s done and shred it.
- Return the shredded chicken to the slow cooker and mix with the juices.
It’s great wrapped in a tortilla or soft taco shell or lettuce or spinach leaf.
Thanks for stopping by!