I suppose you could make these any time, but for some reason sweet potatoes come to mind in the fall and stay there through the holiday season. But, it could be a good one to remember for your Super Bowl Party . . . introduce it now and you’ll have requests for it from now on . . . And, don’t tell them it’s a healthy snack which has pretty much turned into a meal.
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 minced chipotle peppers
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 5 ounces grated sharp white cheddar cheese
- chopped cilantro for garnish
- serve with Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash the sweet potatoes and prick all over with a fork before placing them in a baking dish and popping them in the oven to bake for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Place the chicken in a baking dish and rub with a tablespoon of olive oil (salt and pepper if you like).
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Allow the chicken to cool before shredding it.
- When the sweet potatoes are done, but them in half and allow to cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
- In a medium sized bowl combine the olive oil, lime juice, garlic, chipotle peppers, oregano, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper and set aside.
- You’re going to want to wilt the spinach — you can do that in a small skillet over medium heat or in the microwave.
- Toss the spinach and shredded chicken together, set aside, but keep warm.
- Turn the oven up to 400 degrees.
- Scrape the sweet potato out of the peel, leaving a medium size layer of flesh inside with the peel so it can stand on its own and place in a baking dish.
- Brush the skins with a little of the chipotle sauce and back for 5 to 10 minutes until crispy.
- While the skins are baking, mix the spinach, chicken and chipotle sauce together.
- Remove the skins from the oven and stuff with the chicken mixture.
- Top with shredded cheese and bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the skins are hot and crisp.
- Serve with fresh chopped cilantro and Greek yogurt.
This is a healthy treat the whole family will enjoy.
Leave me a comment.
Thanks for stopping by!