by Sharon | Jul 29, 2015
Shredded Chicken Wrap Recipe
You can never go wrong with chicken. The whole family seems to love it . . . and they’ll love this recipe as is or after you change some ingredients to your liking. Oh, the great news is that you cook it in your slow cooker!!
- 2 pounds of chicken breast
- 1/2 cup Zesty Italian Dressing
- 3/4 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 ounce package of Dry Ranch Dressing mix
- 1/2 cup water
For Toppings You May Like:
- chopped tomatoes
- chopped olives
- fresh lettuce
- fresh spinach
- a creamy dressing of your choice
- Spray the inside of the slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Add all ingredients except the chicken into the slow cooker.
- Mix up the ingredients until it is combined.
- Add the chicken and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours. You want to cook it long enough so the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker once it’s done and shred it.
- Return the shredded chicken to the slow cooker and mix with the juices.
It’s great wrapped in a tortilla or soft taco shell or lettuce or spinach leaf.
Thanks for stopping by!
by Sharon | Jun 12, 2015
This looks good with a side of vegetables or a salad. You’re going to use stew meat for this recipe, but you’re going to cook the noodles separately as you usually cook noodles. They don’t go into the slow cooker . . .
Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff Recipe
- 2 lbs. beef stew meat cut into 1-inch cubes
- 10 oz. of fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tsp. of paprika
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. of flour
- 1 Tbsp. of Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard or a spiced mustard of your choice
- 16 oz. pkg of uncooked egg noodles
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Put the meat, mushrooms, onions and garlic in the slow cooker.
- Add the beef broth and the paprika.
- Cover with the lid and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 5 hours.
- Once it’s done, mix the sour cream, flour and mustard.
- Stir into the slower cooker along with the meat, etc. until blended.
- Cooked, covered on LOW for 15 minutes.
- While you’re waiting, cook the noodles according to the package directions. Don’t add salt to the noodles.
- Drain the noodles, place them in a large serving bowl. Add the meat mixture and lightly mix.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
There you have it! Feel free to add to or subtract from this recipe to make it an original meal your family will love.