Summer comes in all flavors, but the combination of raspberries and coconut is absolutely outstanding!
Here’s a recipe for a Raspberry Coconut Bread that you will definitely love. It would be a great breakfast treat, a sweet afternoon snack and a surprise for dinner dessert. Bring the taste of summer into your home.
Raspberry Coconut Bread Recipe
Ingredients For The Bread:
- 1-1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup milk of your choice — you may want to go for a flavored milk
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup fresh washed and cleaned raspberries
Ingredients For The Coconut Glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
Directions For The Bread:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray an 8-1/2 by 4-1/2 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar.
- In a medium sized bowl combine the milk, coconut oil, eggs, vanilla extract and coconut extract..
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring until combined.
- Gently stir in the coconut and raspberries.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan.
- Bake for an hour or so or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the loaf to cool in the pan for about 15 minutes or so before removing from the pan.
- Allow the loaf to cool completely on a wire rack.
Directions For The Coconut Glaze:
- In a small bowl combine powdered sugar, milk and coconut extract. Whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle the glaze over the bread.
- Cut the bread into slices and serve.
I love to change recipes . . . you can have flavored milk of the almond or coconut variety for this recipe. You can add some other berries or substitute them in this recipe. I do like the idea of a loaf rather than a round cake, but if that fits with the look you’re going for, use whatever baking pan you prefer.
I’m sure this recipe will be good all year round with frozen fruit.
Thanks for stopping by!
This is truly a delicious spring and summer dessert your family will absolutely love — unless strawberries aren’t your thing. You can always use a berry of your choice. I like the idea of using Oreo Cookies — the vanilla ones rather than the regular ones. Let’s get started making these!
- 3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 24 golden Oreo Cookies
- 1¼ Cup diced medium sized strawberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon cornstarch
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place half the golden oreos in a food processor. Pulse until it forms crumbs, add in the melted butter and pulse again until crumbs are covered in butter.
- Press crumbs into a 8 inch baking pan lined with parchment paper or foil. Bake in oven for 5 minutes, take out and let cool on counter.
- Place strawberries in pot with 1 tablespoon sugar and 1 tablespoon water. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes until soft. Stir every few minutes.
- Combine lemon juice with cornstarch and stir into mixture and simmer an additional minute until thickened. Place strawberry mixture in food processor and pulse until smooth. Place in a bowl and set aside.
- Place cream cheese, sour cream, remaining sugar, vanilla and egg in food processor.
- Pulse until smooth and combined. Pour on top of oreo crust.
- Pour half of the strawberry sauce on top of cheesecake. Use remaining sauce however you wish — on ice cream or pancakes or waffles. Bake at 325 degrees for 36 minutes or until cheesecake is just slightly jiggly.
- Take out of oven and let cool on a wire rack. Crush remaining oreos and sprinkle on top, gently pushing into the bars.
- Place in a fridge covered and let set for at least 3 hours until cutting into squares.
- Serve and enjoy!!
It’s not only delicious, but also has eye-appeal.
The weather’s heating up, so why not heat up the grill and make a family pleasing meal outside. It’s an easy meal to prepare ahead of time. Dice up an onion and a tomato or two, check to see if you have sweet pickle relish, maybe some jalapeno peppers to give it some extra spice, condiments, how about shredding some cheddar cheese — you could heat up some sauerkraut, don’t forget the hotdog buns and you’re ready to grill those delicious Hillshire Farm American Craft Sausages. Don’t overcook them, but about 10 minutes on a low grill should do it. Then you begin your assembly line of condiments and goodies and dinner is served.
By the time you sit down to enjoy your first savory bite, it may be time for seconds, but with everything cooked and set out, let them build their own masterpiece.
This is a fun recipe you may want to use with variations to close out the summer and early fall.