That witch in the Wizard of Oz never could get a break . . . now you’ll have a delicious treat in her melted honor.
Witch Puddles doesn’t sound all that appealing . . . but with Oreo Cookies and Hershey Kisses . . . It’s a chocolate feast in a puddle.
Here’s the recipe:
Ingredients make about 3 dozen Puddle Witches
- 1 teaspoon water
- 4 drops yellow food coloring
- 1 and 1/2 cups of flaked coconut
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons shortening, divided
- 36 Oreo cookies
- 36 Hershey Kisses
- 4 cups vanilla or white chocolate chips
- 36 pretzel sticks
- Place water and food coloring in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Add coconut to the bag.
- Seal and shake to tint the coconut.
- In the microwave, melt chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons shortening. Stir until smooth.
- Let’s make the witches’ hats! Place 1/3 cup of the chocolate mixture in a resealable plastic bag. Cut a small hole in a corner of the bag.
- Pipe a small amount of chocolate on a cookie.
- Dip the Kiss in the chocolate on the Oreo.
- Set on waxed paper to dry. Repeat for the remaining cookies.
- For the puddles, melt the vanilla or white chocolate chips with the remaining shortening. Stir until smooth.
- Place the mixture in a large resealable plastic bag, cut a small hole in a corner of the bag.
- Pipe the mixture into the shape of a puddle onto a waxed paper lined baking sheet.
- Place a witch’s hat on the puddle.
- Place a pretzel stick alongside the hat; sprinkle with tinted coconut at the end of the pretzel stick to look like a broom.
- Repeat with remaining puddles, hats and brooms.
- Chill for 15 minutes or until set.
- Store in an airtight container.
If you’d like, you may want to tint the white chocolate with green food coloring . . . but I think the white works fine . . .
This is a fun project your friends and family will enjoy.
Thanks for stopping by!